Thursday, April 21, 2011

Obama Stands Behind Nuclear Power

WASHINGTON—Obama administration officials Monday brushed aside calls for a freeze on new U.S. nuclear power development, and sought to reassure the public the nation's nuclear facilities are safe and the threat of harmful radiation reaching U.S. soil from Japan is minimal.   --The Wall Street Journal Mar 15, 2011

That's the last we heard until Apr 16, 2011:

President Barack Obama met with a dozen environmental activists at the White House Friday as his energy agenda continues to come under fire from all sides.
Obama dropped in on a meeting between White House staffers and Energy Action Coalition activists in town for the Power Shift 2011 conference — a gathering of some 10,000 people, almost entirely college students, organizing to promote clean energy and the environment.

You have to ask yourself, which side of the butter is this breaded on? Or is it that I'm two-faced politician and I really don't believe I'll get a second term, after all, I may be stupid, but not that stupid.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect the US will segue to thorium or other next-gen tech in light of the Fuku SNAFU. - Rob in SF

    ReplyDelete